A Day in the Life of Alana

Glass Blowing, the Passion Business, the computer business, and just plain ol' me!

Spice Up Your Life!
Passion Parties by Alana!
Technology Links
Sites I Like
Craftster
Every Hostess gets a Free Gift!
Throw the Ultimate Girls Night IN Party!
Sign Up for My Blog!

Enter your Email


My Favorite Companies
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Taking a Trip
We're heading to Utah tomorrow for a week. It's sort of a vacation. "A vacation under sad circumstance." is what David has called it.

One of my best friends passed away unexpectedly last month. She was only 68, her husband is 79. We thought we'd see her again, that we'd get to do things and hang out, kid around and tease each other. Go on a trip to Mexico together. Pry her secret recipes out of her, wince as she beat me at arm wrestling for the millionth time.... Anyway....

Who knows? you never know what's going to happen. Not from one day to the next. in recovery, it's drilled into you to live one day at a time. but it's so easy to forget and start to take things for granted.

so... i haven't thought about going to Utah until i had to pack today. i couldn't think about it. i still can't. i know i'm not dealing with my grief. i don't think i know how. not with this. it's the same devastation as if it were my mother or sister. even now, sitting here writing, i am numb. logical. unfeeling/unthinking. i can't imagine going to wayne co. and not hanging with lu. staying with ray in a huge empty house... well. maybe for a week, it won't be so empty.

we're going because we're not taking things for granted. we're going to visit with ray, tell him we love him (he walked me down the aisle at his house for my wedding-my folks were 2,ooo miles away) and maybe i'll start to feel a little bit. maybe i'll grieve, maybe i'll cry. but no more taking for granted.
posted by Alana @ 11:12 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alana
Home: Marquette, MI, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Book(s) I'm Reading Now
Books I've Read This Year
The Best in Hosting & Domains
Go Daddy $1.99 Domains
Visit Our Sponsors!
(you know you want to!)