A Day in the Life of Alana

Glass Blowing, the Passion Business, the computer business, and just plain ol' me!

Spice Up Your Life!
Passion Parties by Alana!
Technology Links
Sites I Like
Craftster
Every Hostess gets a Free Gift!
Throw the Ultimate Girls Night IN Party!
Sign Up for My Blog!

Enter your Email


My Favorite Companies
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Learning to make stuff...
So, I still can't open up a stupid bowl or dish... But I have gotten better at a different type of ornament.

Here is my very first "icicle ornament."  It's going to my 2 year old neice for her yearly ornament Xmas present.

Lavender Ornament

And here is the second one I ever made:

Blue Ornament

This one is on it's way to England, for my mother in law for XMas.

The background is a framed UP leaf :) I have a set of them that I made last fall when I went home. It was a convenient place to stick a suction cup. It is also a good, clear background. :)

Anyway...  I went again last night and picked up 2 ornaments I made last week... 
(those other two are from two weeks ago!)  I'll get a couple of pics of those tomorrow.  They're the same style, just a little bigger and better.  I tried to make a dish, but ended up just making a paperweight with it.  I had a bubble in between the clear and color, which made it really thin on one side.

I'm going to learn to grind Wednesday I think.  I have 3 things that need grinding.   (flat-ening the bottom)

Hmmm... what else?

Not a heck of a lot really.  We're pretty busy this week.  

I don't have a single party scheduled for this month, but I do have 5 parties scheduled for Jan/Feb.  

I think I'm going to turn my 10 gallon tank into a frog house and get a tree frog.  There's a betta in there now, but he's going into a betta barracks that I made as soon as I get the lid in the mail.  Hmmm...

I've started doing a "Girl's Night" thing.  It's the first time in my life that I am activally, on-purpose, hanging out with girls.  It's a little strange, but I'm starting to like it.  It's nice to meet people outside of the "AEG" world.  I still feel like a gangly, nerdy, uninteresting person, but I think I'm pretty good at faking it.  :)  At least, I hope I am!  lol.

Alright, enough tonight.  more tomorrow...
posted by Alana @ 7:53 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alana
Home: Marquette, MI, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Book(s) I'm Reading Now
Books I've Read This Year
The Best in Hosting & Domains
Go Daddy $1.99 Domains
Visit Our Sponsors!
(you know you want to!)