A Day in the Life of Alana

Glass Blowing, the Passion Business, the computer business, and just plain ol' me!

Spice Up Your Life!
Passion Parties by Alana!
Technology Links
Sites I Like
Craftster
Every Hostess gets a Free Gift!
Throw the Ultimate Girls Night IN Party!
Sign Up for My Blog!

Enter your Email


My Favorite Companies
Monday, August 21, 2006
Future Glassblower???


So, I've been interested in working with glass for years now, but haven't had the guts to get into it. When David expressed an interest in glass work a few years ago, I immediately went and got him a complete starter kit for his birthday. he still hasn't touched it.

David took me to his friend’s glass blowing studio this past Sunday. I think he was interested in learning. We walked in and he instantly broke into a sweat. I was instantly, finally, warm enough! Watching Scott work was amazing. i loved it! i asked him about a thousand questions and he patiently answered them all. He then suggested he would take on an apprentice! I can't wait! I’m heading over there tonight for my first evening! woo hoo!!!!!
posted by Alana @ 3:24 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At August 24, 2006 1:54 PM, Blogger Ernie Hendrix said…

    Wonderful!!! I always thought I would enjoy glass blowing, too. But at 63 am maybe a little old to take it up. Not to mention that I don't have access to classes, etc. - minor detail. And it generally takes two people to work the glass. I wish you lots and lots of luck with this. I love watching something so hard and brittle as glass become a liquid, flowing thing of beauty. I want to see even your very first efforts.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Alana
Home: Marquette, MI, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Book(s) I'm Reading Now
Books I've Read This Year
The Best in Hosting & Domains
Go Daddy $1.99 Domains
Visit Our Sponsors!
(you know you want to!)